USB 3.0 Dual 3.5in SATA III Hard Drive RAID Enclosure with Fast Charge USB Hub & UASP - 3.5in SATA HDD Enclosure w/USB Hub
Super Savings Item! Free Shipping Included! Save 36% on the USB 3.0 Dual 3.5in SATA III Hard Drive RAID Enclosure with Fast Charge USB Hub & UASP - 3.5in SATA HDD Enclosure w/USB Hub by StarTech at Tech Memory Shop. MPN: S352BU33HR. Hurry! Limited time offer. Offer valid only while supplies last. '' The S352BU33HR 2-Bay RAID Enclosure lets you build an external RAID array using two 3.5” SATA hard drives, and add it to your computer
The S352BU33HR 2-Bay RAID Enclosure lets you build an external RAID array using two 3.5” SATA hard drives, and add it to your computer through USB 3.0.
For optimal performance from your SATA III drives, the external RAID enclosure supports a UASP-enabled USB 3.0 host connection, which performs up to 70% faster than conventional USB 3.0 when paired with a UASP compatible host controller. (See UASP testing results below for more detail).
The RAID enclosure also lets you connect additional USB 3.0 devices to your computer, through an integrated 2-port USB 3.0 hub conveniently mounted on the front of the enclosure. The easy-to-reach hub also has fast charging capabilities, so you can charge your iPad, smartphone or other mobile devices as quickly as you would through a direct wall outlet connection.
To help maintain safe operating temperatures for your hard drives, the 2-drive enclosure features a built-in cooling fan to ensure proper air circulation and prevent your SATA drives from over-heating.
The enclosure features an integrated hardware RAID controller, which gives you the options you need to set up the array that best suits your storage application, including JBOD, Spanning, RAID 0, and RAID 1.
To ensure compatibility with your computer system, the S352BU33HR supports all of the leading operating systems, including: Microsoft Windows (8/7/Vista/XP/Server 2008/Server 2003), Apple OSX (10.9/10.8/10.7/10.6), Linux, and Google Chrome OS.
The S352BU33HR is backed by a StarTech.com 2-year warranty and free lifetime technical support.
UASP is supported in Windows 8, Mac OSX (10.8 or above), and Linux. In testing, UASP performs with a 70% faster read speed and 40% faster write speed over traditional USB 3.0 at peak performance.
At the same peak in testing UASP also shows an 80% reduction in required processor resources.
Testing results were obtained using an Intel Ivy Bridge system, a UASP-enabled StarTech.com Enclosure, and a SATA III solid state drive.
Features & Highlights
- Connect two 3.5" SATA III hard drives to your computer through USB 3.0 with UASP in a RAID array and charge or connect USB devices with the built-in 2-port USB 3.0 fast charge hub
- Compatible with USB 3.0 enabled desktop and Laptop computers and 3.5in SATA Hard Drives
- 3.5 Hard Drive Enclosure / USB 3.0 Drive Enclosure / External RAID
- Add additional speed or secure data redundancy with RAID
- Connection to your work station and use to fast charge your mobile USB Devices
- Save time, with file transfers up to 70% faster than traditional USB 3.0 when used with a UASP-supported host
- Charge your iPad and other mobile device faster than standard USB 3.0, with fast charge port
- Preserve system resources using hardware-based RAID instead of software
- Supports SATA III (6 Gbps) and UASP (5 Gbps) for optimal performance
- Built-in 2-Port USB 3.0 Hub with fast charge capabilities
- Hardware RAID with support for RAID0 / RAID1 / BIG / JBOD
- Supports SATA revision I/II/III (1.5/3.0/6.0 Gbps)
- Supports USB 3.0 / 2.0 / 1.1 (5 Gbps / 480 Mbps / 1.5 Mbps)
|Item Weight:||2.98 pounds|
|Item Size:||5.47 x 7.05 x 7.05 inches|
|Package Weight:||3.17 pounds|
|Package Size:||7.09 x 5.75 x 5.75 inches|